Saturday, February 10, 2018

Remembering Mom

The day was January 13, 2010.   A stranger called me to say that my Mom
had fallen and she was being rushed to a local hospital.  
I immediately drove to that hospital.   Mom was somewhat alert, but she had
an injury to her head.  She was 77 years old.   She was at the Veterans
administration doing the last of my dad's paperwork.  Dad had just died
Nov 5th of the previous year. 

Mom ended up having 2 brain surgeries and she passed on Feb 20th of 2010. 


My Mother was an AMAZING woman.   I being her only daughter, we were
always VERY close.   I have said over the years that nothing was left unsaid
between she and I.   That is NOT quite true.   I really wished I had told her
more often how AMAZING she was.   It's fine.  She knows for sure NOW. 





This photo of Mom was one I took on Feb 5, 2010.   She had her 1st brain
surgery on Feb 4th. 





 This photo of Mom was taken on Feb 10, 2010.   My cousin Carol and her hubby John sent Mom this lovely flower arrangement.   Mom LOVED pink roses. 
It's such a special photo, because she was SO HAPPY with the flowers.
In talking recently with my daughter Nicole, Nic reminded me how she brought
Grammy some cheesecake.   GRAM LOVED THE CHEESECAKE.  




No comments: