Wednesday, October 5, 2005

A1C Elizabeth Nicole Jacobson

                                                                Forliz555_1



Originally I had drawn this angel as one of protection.   


It takes on a double meaning when shared with


the family of our Fallen Heroes.




Thank you Elizabeth and all who have


given their all to ensure our freedoms.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
Mary Frye (1932)





2 comments:

SlagleRock said...

Excellent tribute to a fallen hero.
After 10 trips to the sand myself I know how hard it can be on both the troops and the families.
It is a tragic loss, but a job that A1C Jacobson bravely volunteered for. It takes the Elizabeth's and Vinny's of our world, those who aren't afraid to do the right thing to secure our freedoms.
Tell Vinny all us boys in blue are proud of him (even if it isn't always said). Though I don't know him he will always be a brother in blue and though I didn't know A1C Jacobson it was/is like losing a sister.
TSgt (select) SlagleRock Out!

corinne alvarez said...

Iam sorry for your great loss and I will be praying that God will comfort you and give you peace.God Bless you!!
Corinne Alvarez
El Paso, Texas