Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Kindness

I was checking out today at a store
in my local neighborhood.   I said
'Hello' to the cashier.   The young man
shook his head and said...


"It's a bad day, it's a bad day".

I responded to him....

"Try saying I'm having a bad
moment".   "If you continue to
say bad day,  your whole day
could indeed be bad".


He stopped, looked me in the
eyes and said.....'You're right
I'm having a bad moment'.
A smile came to his face and
he said....'that's a great way
to look at it'.   :)


I smiled and thought of
Phil Gerbyshak....

MAKE IT GREAT !


The young man handed me
my receipt and I asked him
what his name was.....
He stumbled a second and
said...'Christian'.


I said to him.......
"Christian, I am going to
send you GREAT vibes for the
rest of the day".   


He smiled an EAR to EAR grin
and said....'THANK YOU'.


It takes just the simplest
of kindness to make someone's
day....... 
Hopefully it made Christian's
and in the quick communication
IT MADE MY DAY GREAT.



1 comment:

David E. Rothacker said...

Hi Deb:
Great post!. This is so you- taking the time to make the cashier think a little differently. I like the idea of saying it's a moment and not the day. You definitely turned a frown into a smile!