Saturday, April 13, 2019

Chocolate Cookies From Fudge Brownie Mix


Posted on Facebook June 2010.  

Chocolate Cookies From Fudge Brownie Mix

1 pkg. (19.8 oz.) fudge brownie mix
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. soften margarine
3 tbsp. water
2 eggs
1 cup confectionery sugar - DO NOT MIX THIS IN.
This sugar is for cookies to be rolled into
before baking.

350 oven for 10 minutes.

2 sheets of parchment paper

-----------------------

In a separate bowl soften margarine up
just a little in microwave. Don't make it so it's to thin
or hot. Micro on level 3 for about a minute. Mix
margarine with a fork to blend smooth.

In a large bowl, add mix, flour, water, eggs, granulated
sugar, and margarine. Mix by hand with spoon
or fork. Batter will be stiff.

Line baking sheets with parchment paper

Add 1 cup confectionery sugar to a separate bowl.

Roll about a tablespoon of batter into a ball.
Drop ball into confectionery sugar to coat all sides.

Bake approx 10 minutes. Cookies may appear soft
but will set up when cooled.

I bake one tray of cookies at a time. When 1 tray is done,
I remove tray to cooling rack. Let sit on tray for about 3
minutes. Pick up entire sheet of parchment with cookies still
on them and set on newspaper.

Have a sheet of wax paper or several paper towels folded up
to transfer cookies to finish cooling. The cookies will come
right up with a spatula. NO STICKING AT ALL.

Shake off parchment paper and reuse for the next batch.

I doubled this recipe, and it made approximately 75 cookies
that are 2 1/2 inches in diameter.

This was the 1st time I ever made cookies from a brownie
mix and they came out GREAT. Chewy and delicious.
I added the weight of the brownie mix to give an idea
of what weight to use. If it was between 19 and 22 some
ounces, the recipe should not need adjusting.
I used a generic type mix.

I am IN LOVE with parchment paper. I would never bake
cookies without it. I only started using it last year.
It makes clean up a breeze and NO cookies stick to the paper. 


--------------------------------
My son was serving in the Air Force in South Korea in early 2010  
I sent him a batch....

Here was a reply message from him....

Hey ma,

Ohhhh ok. Well these were amazing.. I was giving them to anyone who came in the office and they're all like what in the hell are these things!?!? They're amazing!!! I was like i dunno... mom made them.. lol. To say they were a hit would be an understatement.. ;) Thanks again! love ya

Love V



No comments: