Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Tattoo For Personal Strength

5





Here is a picture of my tattoo.






Hmmmm well first off I will explain that it's one I


drew on myself this past week.   :)




My folks have been through some serious medical


issues and both are on the healing mend.




The emotional strain of caring for them and also


taking care of my family and myself was starting to wear on me.






I have a fabulous support system not only in my immediate family,


which I am most thankful for.....


Hubby Michael, children and extended family and friends,


but also in my community of ~online friends.






I was having a down moment this past week,


and I drew the heart on my wrist to remind myself


of how well I am loved, cared for and prayed for.






I took care in choosing where to draw the heart.


It is the place that one will reach around with your


other hand to take your pulse.






The place is constantly in my view and a reminder


of those who love me and care.






THANK YOU to those whom this heart represents.





You ARE my lifeline. !!!!!






LOVE


Deb




4 comments:

Deb Call said...

Deb - what a great visual cue! Hope your parents continue to mend well, and that you practice self-care too.

Debra Estep said...

Thanks for the message.. esp the self care part,
that is ONE part of a stressful time that
can be overlooked.
I've learned along the way here, IF I don't
take care of myself, I'm no good for anyone
else. :)

dave said...

Tattoo's? Allrighty then, now we're talking :-) Deb - you are the most giving person I know. Your effort to care for our parents and to communicate to family as to their status has been Herculean! Please make sure you are going to that well of photography and painting as much as you need to!!
Love,
Davie

Debra Estep said...

Hey Davie,
I am thinking of making it a real tatto.
Grrr you should be HERE to take me. :)))))))
Thanks for the reminder to MIND myself.