Monday, January 5, 2009

Gratitude ~ Day by Day


My blog friend, Deb Call over at Spirit in Gear wrote a wonderful New Year's Day post -

Try This in Lieu of Resolutions

Deb says this......

"Phil Gerbyshak's What's Your Word of the Year for 2009?
caught me at a time when I most need it.  He suggests building your
year around one word that resonates for you.  He gives credit to this
idea to Christine Kane's Resolution Revolution
post.  She supplies a lot of help if you need inspiration around words
to select.  Both are excellent posts about creating something more
powerful and lasting than a New Year's resolution."


Deb's 2 words are ...  "ease" and "savor."     Check out her post to see how she
has started and plans to blend these words into the fabric of her life.


My word ~  *Gratitude*        

HEY.... it's nothing new, and I even have a category already in place.  :)

 
I had tried to hold the word in my thoughts and really live
it,
but there were times last year I did not accomplish that.

 

The day it SMACKED me over the head was a day in December.
I was removing 4
empty ice cube trays from my freezer. 

 

We had rearranged our kitchen early on in 2008.  Moving
the
refrigerator, meant disconnecting the water line to
the ice maker.   The frig
was in the house 8 years ago,
and although it's working fine, there will no
doubt be a
time soon, when it will need replaced.
Rather than run a new
water line, we opted to go with
ice cube trays.  I bought 4 of them.  I
tried to remind
myself of the aluminum trays of my youth.  Be thankful
for
these plastic ones where the cubes just pop out. 
I tried that MANY
times.   But still every time I went to
empty and fill a tray, I bitched at
how I missed my ice
maker, and what a pain these trays
were....

 

Well...  in my mind, the rant of no
ice maker started
up while I was filling the trays....

 

I was stopped RIGHT in my bitching tracks ....

 

I heard.....

 

BE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE CLEAN AND SAFE WATER !!!
BE GRATEFUL YOU
HAVE ICE !!!
BE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE A REFRIGERATOR !!!
BE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE
A HOME !!!

 

Not only with the ice cube trays, but everything
else ........... 
~*~ Gratitude ~*~  Day by Day !!!


THANKS Deb, for the idea to HOLD the word all year through. 




Img_2767-1

My 4 trays.  

 



3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Hi Deb,
Just dropping by to wish you all the best in the new year, and I was wondering how you were doing??
hugs,
Nathalie

Debbie Call said...

Deb, first thanks for sharing my link. Especially thanks for making all of us see beyond our mindless rants to grab onto the truth of how blessed we are.
A great reminder to spill our gratitude instead of our complaints!

Deb Estep said...

Hey Nathalie and Deb,
Thank you ladies for dropping in and
leaving comments. :))))
xo xo
Deb