Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mantra-Tasking

Sink




Mantra-Tasking


Sometime around the first of the year, I was washing my hands for about
the millionth time and I started thinking.....   There are certain mantras that I
wish to hold in my mind.    What a better time to repeat the mantra than when
I am washing my hands.   I also thought... heck I am even multi-tasking.    

Taking what is normally a mindless sort of event and giving it added purpose.

Just today when I thought of writing this post, I thought to myself...
'Hmmmm it's not multi-tasking........  IT'S Mantra-Tasking.

So if there is some thought you wish to hold near and dear in the day,
consider incorporating the thought as you go about this simple task.

This would also be another way to incorporate an
affirmation in your daily life.

My thoughts have been....

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.


So....... are there any mantras or affirmations that you might be
trying to hold near and dear in a day ?   




Daily Mantras Can Reduce Stress



* Not my bathroom - just a photo I found  :)











5 comments:

Seth Pickens said...

"All of my wants and needs are provided for."
Thanks for this lesson/reminder. So many of us know what to do, but fail to keep that wisdom and positivity at the front of our minds. Mantratasking is a great way to improve in that area. I probably don't wash my hands enough anyway, so I'll work to do better on that, too.:)

Debra Estep said...

Hey Seth,
Thanks for dropping by AND leaving a comment.
You might like this post on shower praying. :)
http://tinyurl.com/Shower-Praying

CG Walters said...

Wonderful to meet you, Deb!
Thank you for this gift, mantra-tasking.
Mine? "I am Tao; I am One." --refers me to the conclusions of my meditations; reconnects me to that peace.
Blessings to you and all you hold dear,
CG

Phil Gerbyshak said...

Interesting suggestion Deb, to think on one mantra over and over again. I think of running each tough decision I'm about to make through the strainer of that mantra to see what I intentionally want. While it may not change my decision, because some things don't fit, it at least helps me live intentionally.
My mantra and really, my life's purpose: Helping people make it great!
If what I'm doing isn't helping people improve, then maybe it's not worth doing...

Debra Estep said...

@ CG: You are very welcome CG and I appreciate your dropping by and leaving a comment.
To get to CG's Site -
http://kathmandau.blogspot.com
@ Phil: You are indeed a GREAT inspiration to myself and SO many. IF you need a smile, ALL you have to do is jump to Phil's blog and view his smiling picture. It's just like the sunshine. :) Also loads of wisdom too !!!
To get to Phil's Site -
http://makeitgreat.typepad.com/