Monday, February 23, 2009

" I'm Lonely and I Miss You " !!!





Does the title of my post make you think that ~ I ~ miss you ?

Well..... it's not me, but SOMEBODY DOES !!!     

Every person reading this post knows someone, an Aunt or Uncle, or Grandparent
who is NOT online.    They don't have email..........    


        THEY are LONELY AND MISS YOU !!!



Sure, you could call them, but I assure you... a good old fashioned letter
will THRILL them to pieces.   

I am a military Mom, as my son Vince is in the Air Force.   There is a group of
Air Force Moms who send cards and notes to family and friends of one another.
My folks neighbor Larry was ill last year.    He was flooded with snail mail.  :)
My Dad said to me a few weeks ago....

"Debra, you will NEVER know what that mail did for Larry, it was better than
any medicine a doctor could give him."

So PLEASE....... would you consider sending a snail mail letter or card this week.

WHAT WILL YOUR MAIL will DO for the person you send it to ?   ......


IT will make their day........ AND WEEK !!!!




This is my Aunt Irene.   She is turning 86 in April. 
~ She is a DOLL ~
She writes me often..... and I write her back.    :)


Aunt Irene-11

Img_2921-11









3 comments:

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

I write occasional letters to my mother-in-law and a genealogy cousin who is retired,lives alone and doesn't own a computer. I also send newspaper or magazine clips of information that I think might be of interest to either of them. They do the same for me. I haven't written either since Christmas so I think today I will sit down and write them. Thanks for the timely reminder. We all love getting mail on or off the computer.

Debra Estep said...

Hey Patricia... Well you ARE a snail mailer. :))
I know your family will appreciate the mail.
We need to GET more folks onboard.
XO XO
Deb

Debbie said...

I agree Deb. Letters and cards mean so much, expecially now. Email is rather impersonal. I have often thought of sending cards, but didn't. Maybe now I will!