Saturday, October 26, 2019

~ Friends In All Seasons ~


I am sharing some posts today in honor of,
United States National Day of the Deployed. 
This day is observed annually on October 26th.

Unless you have had your loved one deployed in a war zone
you can only TRY to imagine what the family of the deployed
goes through.  Others who have lived through that, GET WHAT

you are LIVING like no one else will. 
I pray daily for our deployed and daily for those who love them.
My son, Vincent was in the US Air Force from 2002 until
he choose to separate in 2012.  I wrote the following in March of 2004.
At that time, long before Facebook, I belonged to a private military
parent support group.  We NEEDED each other to get through. 




~ Friends In All Seasons ~

I will attempt to understand you,
even when you don't understand you.
I ask the same of you.

When I speak to you and attempt
to console or council you,
You may not like the words I speak,
but I will speak them in friendship,
a friendship that has a foundation
of love and caring.

It's quite easy to be friends on
a sunny bright day, when all is
well and the birds sing us their song.

It's quite another thing to have found
ourselves caught in a flash flood.
I have a tight grip on a tree
branch and our hands are gripped
together holding on, lest we be swept away.

We were placed in each other's life paths
for a reason. We have bonded by the
parallels of our lives.
I am thankful for you.

In all seasons my friend,
May you feel the embrace
of my friendship, and I yours.

Dedicated to
~Gabrielle
3-27-2004 ~~~ Love Deb

 March 24, 2004

No comments: