Saturday, October 26, 2019

Love to you other Military Parents

I am sharing some posts today in honor of,
United States National Day of the Deployed. 
This day is observed annually on October 26th.

Unless you have had your loved one deployed in a war zone
you can only TRY to imagine what the family of the deployed
goes through.  Others who have lived through that, GET WHAT

you are LIVING like no one else will. 
I pray daily for our deployed and daily for those who love them.
My son, Vincent was in the US Air Force from 2002 until
he choose to separate in 2012.  I wrote the following in March of 2003.
At that time, long before Facebook, I belonged to a private military
parent support group.  We NEEDED each other to get through. 





Love to you other Military Parents

Dear Friends,

I laid my head down last night to sleep,
feelings of uncertainty raced through my body.
When sleep did come to me,
I felt like I traveled the world in my dreams.

I was with you, another parent, there were no
words of comfort to offer, so I only sat quietly
with you holding your hand.
Our eyes and hearts spoke to one another.
As I patted your back and bid you farewell
I told you I would see you on the site in the morning.

I found OUR children scattered all over the world.
Their sense of duty and strength would astound you.!!!
They actually FEEL your support, their connections
to your hearts are inseparable.
They send their ~love~ to YOU. !

I woke up this morning and felt tranquility
because of OUR connection to each other.
The anxiety of the times is softened
by knowing we are here for each other's support.

With Love to you !
Debra Estep

March 15, 2003
* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *

No comments: