Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Split Second Change of Emotion

Kevin is our youngest child.   He will be 12 this summer.
He arrived as an old soul.    Not even minutes old in his
Daddy's arms, he was quiet as a mouse and literally
studying the features on his Dad's face. 
I commented to Michael right away about how intently
he was looking at Michael's features, in a slow deliberate
motion.

I usually say that NOTHING this child does surprises me.
But......... I was surprised last week.     Did I just say surprised,
a better word would be SHOCKED.   

It was Thursday of last week and I had walked in Kevin's
room to put some clothes away.   As I turned to walk out
of the room, I noticed he had written on his wall.....

I SUCKED AIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Michael just painted Kevin's room
about 6 months ago. 

In a SPLIT SECOND.....   I went from SHOCK....  to Awwwwwwww

Hero1




I went downstairs, grabbed my camera and paper towels
and cleaning solution.   Castrol Super Clean - dissolves
grease on contact AND a little elbow grease and the
message was gone from his wall.....
But not from my heart.   

It's every parent's dream to be a 'hero' to your child. 
 
Kevin and I had a conversation about the 'artwork'.
I told him although the message was quite special to me,
it was NOT appropriate to express himself  in
such a way on the wall of his bedroom, but I would prefer
he used paper, which he has all over the place because he
is quite artistic.    

What a balance it all is being a parent. !!!    



3 comments:

Debbie said...

Deb,
Oh this brought laughter!
1) Glad you received great news from Doc, which I just emailed you LOL.
2) I'm glad you decided to post about Kevin's wall art and that you DID take a picture before cleaning. Did Dad see it?
Aren't kids just the best thing? And did you go out to lunch Saturday? I just remembered that LOL

Karen Putz/ DeafMom said...

What a beautiful thing to write, even though the choice of location wasn't!

Deb Estep said...

Hi Debbie
Dad only got to see the picture. He gasped a little and I told him it cleaned right off.
We had a change of plans and did pizza at home.
HI Karen,
Thanks for dropping by my site. !!
For my readers, Karen write on several blogs.
Visit her main site at:
www.deafmomworld.com
xo xo
Deb