Friday, March 7, 2008

Medical -

To my dear friends........

A part of me just hates sharing medical news about myself,
BUT....... IF ANY one of you had medical stuff going on, I would
want to know. !!!!      So...... with that in mind, I am sharing.

If you could say a few prayers.   ;)

XO XO
Deb   




Yesterday I had attempted to donate blood at a local Red Cross
drive. 

I've been a donor since I was 17 and have never
been turned away before.   

BUT........ the nurse detected an irregular
heartbeat.   

She did it twice and called another person over to

confirm it.    They said my pulse was 66 and I had 16
irregular

beats in a minute.   You can donate if the number is 10 in a
minutes time.

They did the finger prick to test for iron and my iron is good. 




It could be caffeine or even the meds I take for an


under active thyroid.   I am hopeful that it's these EASY type
things.   
Trying to take this in stride without getting too stressed about it.






I had an appointment with my family doc
today............




I am home and wearing a heart monitor for the next 24 hours.   


The family doctor did about 5 EKG's.    Sometimes it would show
irregular

and sometimes not.    Her first instinct was to call an ambulance
and have

me transported to the hospital.    She then consulted with an
internist who said.....

IF you send her to the hospital I would just sit there all
weekend.   Since I was

not experiencing any chest pains, it was the internist
recommendation to
run

the monitor.

 


On Monday I am to return the monitor to the doctors's office and
after

reading it, further determination will be made about what to
do.


Apparently my blood pressure was pretty low too.   The internist
said,

if we were to put her on meds, she might just pass out.   





They took about 3 vials of blood too.   Guess I would know by now
IF I had

a heart attack from the blood work.




I am just way tired from being fussed with and I was at the
office

about 3 hours.



12 comments:

Debbie said...

I better keep seeing comments from you on here or AF Mom/Dad group! I need to know each day you are still okay and lugging that monitor around!
You are in my prayers, but I just know it's nothing serious. You give so much of your heart every day it's probably just working overtime to keep up! :-) Love ya girl!

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

Deb, take good care of yourself and you are in my prayers. I agree with Debbie, please keep us updated on how you are doing. I will also add you to my list of people that I do Reiki on each night. I will also put you in two different prayer circles. You are a good friend.

Nathalie said...

Take care, and like the others are saying; keep us posted!

Deb Call said...

Deb, I appreciate your letting us know what's going on. I am like you in that I hesitate to share such personal stuff. But we are all here for you. You remain in my prayers and I hold lots of energy and light for you.
I also take meds for an underactive thyroid (detected in recent months), so I am curious is this is a contributor.
Blessing and love, Deb Call

Charles Hamel said...

Same thing happened to me last year.
If there was something seriously wrong with you, you would be the first one to know. Our bodies have a unique way of letting us know if something isn't right.
No fear.. fear causes disease and problems. You are fine, and nothing conclusive will be found.
Take Care

Deb Estep said...

Debbie, Patricia, Nathalie, Deb & Charles....
THANK YOU all for your kind and encouraging words.
I did like they said and took it easy this weekend.
Watched the hubby take care of the driveway and
nearly 20 inches of snow we had. That just about drove me up a wall. LOL
I'll be making updates here under this comment area as I know any news.
xo xo
Deb

Hallie said...

Any news? I've been thinking about you. I'm a great worrier so I just added you to my daily worry log!
Hallie :)

Deb Estep said...

Awwwww Hallie my take is to just take
this as it comes. YOU do that too okay ??
Here is the latest...
I returned the heart monitor today, and
around 4pm I had a call from the
cardiologist's office.
I said to her..... Ohhhh this can't be too good.
She really could not tell me anything other
than I needed to schedule an appt. Which
I did for March 18th.
I tried to call the family doc back, but
they had left for the day.
I'm planning on calling the family doc in the AM.
YA THINK they could have at least called me with a little
info. Grrrrr ~
I'll update as I know...
xo xo
Deb

ceeque said...

Hi Deb, sorry to hear of all these medical worries, I hope you get a swift and good resolution to them! I have an underactive thyroid too and evidently the meds for that can cause a wonky heart even more troubles so they have to be very careful about it....I got a wonky heart bigtime so I know! Lol!
Hope you will be ok, Strength and Love to you!

Deb Estep said...

Ohhh CQ,
We have some similar things. :)
Here is an update from today....
Tuesday 3-11-08
HI ALL,
I spoke with the medical tech at Doctor's office today........
She was able to tell me that on average the monitor picked up
129 VPB's per hour. In one hour I recorded 323 VPB. Those
are irregular beats. Ventricular Premature Beats
The MAIN thing is to SEE the CARDIO.
From what I read VPB's are also known as PVC's.
Premature ventricular contractions (PVC)
CAUSES — PVCs are relatively common. They occur in both the young and the elderly, and in patients with heart disease and with normal hearts. In many cases, the cause of PVCs cannot be determined.
Chemical causes — In some cases, cells in the ventricles become unusually "excitable" because of changes in the blood chemistry or elevations of adrenaline or thyroid levels. Alcohol, caffeine, and other agents can contribute to PVCs in some patients.
Abnormalities in the heart's structure --------- ( THIS can cause it too )
ALL I can do is SEE what the doctor has to say on March 18th...
I am remaining calm and taking it as it comes. THANKS for your con't
prayers and good thoughts.
XO XO
Deb

Vitor - The Fractal Forest said...

Deb,
I hope it's nothing serious! My best wishes to you, keep us up to date!

Deb Estep said...

THANKS Vitor,
So many good wishes and care, I feel the love.
XO XO
Deb