Friday, March 1, 2019

Noodle Balls by Grandma Laura Rothacker

My paternal Grandmother Laura Rothacker (Cowles) lived from
1903-1962.  She was well known for her baking, AND this family
recipe.  Only thing ... she never wrote out a recipe.  
Sometime prior to 2008, my dad Gil's older brother Rollin Rothacker requested
recipes for a family recipe book he was compiling.  My dad contacted me asking
IF I could put together a recipe for the noodle balls.  YIKS !!!!
This entailed MAKING a batch.  I had done it for many years, so making it
was no trouble.  The trouble came in making a recipe for this beloved family
favorite.   I'm happy to have done it then, because I have a recipe to share now. 

*GRAVY MASTER SEASONING apparently is not found here in the state of
Illinois.   It is available in OHIO in the gravy area.  If you do not have access to 
"Gravy Master"  you can substitute with Soy Sauce, as that is one of the ingredients 
of Gravy Master.  DO NOT substitute any other browning sauce as the flavor 
might change.  





No comments: