Friday, August 4, 2006

People Art Book

Every single person I know has a page in my art book
and I even have a self portrait page.



Wow...... does it shock you to learn this ?


Some of you who know me well might be thinking
has Deb drawn a picture of me ?



Actually, my art book is a mental one.
It's really a shame that the line.....
"So and so is a work of art", more often than not
is implied in a negative sense.
You and I are indeed great works of art in progress.

Picture each page containing an intricately
designed connect the dots.



The pages are fluid, they change all the time.
As I learn bits of information about you the
picture changes and illuminates an area that
was not previously visible.

This art book has nothing to do with judgement,
it's about understanding, learning and filing bits
of you away to hold in my memory.

When we share thoughts, sometimes I am not
in agreement, but I listen with patience and a
little more of you becomes clearer.
I then turn the page and see myself and I am
delighted to see how I've changed for the better.

There are times when I read your words,
they so resonate to my heart......
I see our pages side by side and for a
magical moment we become twins.

Books are a treasure in my life and this
book of people art is the most treasured of all.



2 comments:

Dave said...

This is a very beautiful book Deb!!

EM Sky said...

"The pages are fluid, they change all the time."
--I love this. :)