Tuesday, November 6, 2007

~ A Gift That Keeps On Giving ~



The big season of gift giving is upon us.   So many people
scramble around for just that perfect gift.   Only every now and
then will that gift be remembered. 

The words and music to the Christmas song
Little Drummer Boy was composed by Katherine K. Davis,
Henry Onorati and Harry Simeone in 1958.


“Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, “

“Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum? “




The Little Drummer Boy did not realize right away
that he did indeed have a gift.   



You have gifts all wrapped up inside of you.


Those gifts are ….  Your Words.

   



For your family members or close special friends


pick up a blank journal and in the first few pages


write out some shared memories, or some reasons


why these people are so important to you.


Drop in a special photo……..


Make certain you date the book.   All through the year


you can mail them items to add to the book.


If you think a blank journal is going to break the


bank, think again.   You can pick up wonderful


little journals at the dollar store.   Of course you can


go to the other end and do a leather bound one too.





This will truly be the gift that keeps on giving. 





55 











3 comments:

Deb Estep said...

I should have ended my post with this
footnote...
I have Stephen Hopson of Adversity University
and his blog post yesterday...
Oh My Sweet Mama
http://tinyurl.com/26kmj4
for the inspiration to complete this post
which had been floating around in my head
for several days now.
You see Stephen is writing about connecting
to an old diary that he wrote.
The diary-journal idea was just what I needed
to tie into this message.
His blog is truly an inspirational MUST read.
THANKS Stephen !!!

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

I have written in journals for years, for my own benefit. Recently, some of my blog articles have come from old journal entries.
My daughter lives in Idaho. We email each other more than we phone each other. Most of her emails and pictures, I print out to put in a notebook either for her or one of her 4 children. When the grandchildren get to be 18, I plan on giving each of them their notebooks of emails and pictures. My daughter has several notebooks also. I need to work on these again and get caught up on sorting the pages into notebooks. I have been doing this for about 3 years. My youngest granddaughter starting emailing me when she was in kindergarten. She is now 7. All of those emails will go in her notebook.
Your idea of doing the journals is great.

Debra Estep said...

Patricia,
What a wonderful idea for your grandchildren !!!
Both of my grandmothers passed when I was
quite young 4 and 9. What a treasure it would
have been to have even a little something
like this from them.
Thanks for sharing your idea.