Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Veterans Day - November 11, 2007

Vetsday07lopb22



"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve -
is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made
payable to The United States Of America for an amount of
'up to and including my life.'   
That is honor.   There are far too many people in this country who
don't understand it."
- Author Unknown-


Veterans very often wear baseball style caps with the insignia
of their branch of service.    Just this last week, I stopped an
elderly gent in the parking lot of my local grocery store.
I extended my hand and thanked him for his service.
This Korean war Vet stood as proud as if he were at
full attention before a general.    There was a certain look
of shock on his face.    I can only hope and pray it made his day.
PLEASE consider doing the same when you see someone
who might have served.
There was another time a few years back I did the same thing...
the fellow said to me...  'Ohhh I've never served but my son is
on his way to Iraq'.     I thanked him for raising a son willing
to serve.

Remembering all veterans and these special few among the
very many who have given thier lives in service.
   

Jonn J. Edmunds - Army Ranger - January 3, 1981 ~ October 19, 2001

Johnedmunds



Lance M. Thompson - Marine - March 26, 1983 ~ November 15, 2004

Lance1 



Michael A. Marzano - Marine - May 18, 1976 ~ May 7, 2005

Michael1



Daniel M. McVicker - Marine - December 27, 1984 ~ October 6, 2005

Danny1



Dustin R. Grable - Air Force - June 8, 1983 ~ May 31, 2006

Dustin



Lucas W.A. Emch - Navy- February 8, 1986 ~ March 2, 2007

Lukeemch



Paige Renee Villers - Air Force - November 3, 1987 ~ August 7, 2007

Paige


The families and friends of these pictured heroes
are my friends.    They are readers of my blog.
If you would care to leave them a message in the
comment area, I know your thoughts will be
well received.   



8 comments:

Hallie said...

Ok, I am going to stop complaining that CJ has a torn calf muscle and just be happy that he is safe and alive in Tech School. For all of those families of the people pictured, please know that your loved ones will be remembered by many. I can not imagine what losing them was like, but I know that as a new military mom, my heart goes out to you. Your children will not be forgotten - God Bless them all.

Victoria Rothacker said...

"One front and one battle where everyone in the United States - every man, woman and child - is in action. That front is right here at home, in our daily lives." Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1942
How can we possibly begin to thank those that serve, fight and in some cases, give their lives for our freedom and safety? We take action too. We become servers, fighters and givers right along with them. We are their ambassadors and we carry on their spirit.
My sincere appreciation,
Victoria

Deb Estep said...

"God is great, and sometimes life ain't good, and when I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should, but I do it anyways". From the song, Anyways by country artist Martina McBride
To the men & women serving our country, the mothers & fathers, the wives and husbands, to the brothers & sisters, to the family and dear friends, you did it ANYWAYS........
You gave the ultimate sacrifice and you will forever be remembered and honored.
PROUD AF SISTER
PROUD AF SISTER IN LAW
Nicole Aleandri

Debra Estep said...

Thank you Hallie, Victoria and Nicole
for stopping and leaving a message.
Guess my daughter - Nicole - must have followed my
computer link to my site and SO... it looks like
I made the comment.
In my post, I should have mentioned...
My son Vincent B. Aleandri - Air Force -active duty
My daughter in law - Dana Aleandri - Air Force active duty Both who have served in Iraq.
My Father - Gil Rothacker - Air Force Korean war vet
My Father in law - Charles Estep - retired Air Force
My Grandfather - Charles Page - World war I vet
My children's Great-Grandfather - Bruno Aleandri WWI vet
and their Great -Grandfather - John Olesky WWI Vet
My Uncles - Rollin Rothacker Navy Vet
Don Page WWII Army Vet - Purple Heart
Ray Whitehead - Army Air Corp Vet
Louie Winters - Army Air Corp Vet
A very dear friend - Larry Howard - Vietnam Army Vet
*Today is the 1 year anniversary of Larry's passing*
My brother in law - Mark Estep Air Force Vet
My Dear Husband - Michael Estep Air Force Vet
AND...... my MANY current military friends.
THANK YOU ALL for YOUR SERVICE !!!!!!!!

Debra Estep said...

Ops.... left off
Cousin - Larry Page - Air Force Vet
Cousin - Bill Winters - Retired Coast Guard
Cousin - Ron Barnhardt - Air Force Vet

Tonjia said...

Deb, how much bandwidth do you have?? LOL I wish to thank all veterans who have served or are currently serving this great country with selfless dedication.. Including those from my immediate family:
AB Breanna Miracle, active duty, Lackland AFB TX
My BIL, Major Robert Maurer, US Army Vet
My BIL, James C Smith, Army National Guard Vet
my Father Robert D Coats, USAF vet
my uncles:
Claude Coats US Navy vet
William Coats US Navy Ret
Pat Coats US Navy vet
Morris Coats US Navy Ret
and many more too numerous to list.
Thanks for the chance to honor my family here, Deb.
Proud Air Force Mom, Tonjia

Kim said...

OK Deb, Here goes for as many as I can remember that have served from my family and from my husbands family. A Big Thank You for their service is going out to them:)
Our Son, Jerry W. Robbins, Active Duty, Keesler AFB, MS (Tech School)
My Husband, Jerry D. Robbins, USAF Vet
My Dad, Norman E. Hagemeier, USAF Vet, Korean War
My FIL, Jerry D. Robbins Sr, USAF Vet
My Uncle, Chester A. McNew, USAF Vet
My Uncle, Victor McNew, USAF Vet
My BIL, William D. Robbins, USAF Vet
My BIL, Walter A. Ewert II, USAF Active Duty
My Husbands Grandpa, Clarence Hulen, Army Paratrooper Vet, WWII
My Husbands Uncle, William D. Robbins, US Army, Died in Vietnam
My Husbands Uncle, Duane Wilkerson, USAF Vet
I am sure there are more. These are the ones that are on my mind for now. Thank you for letting me acknowledge them on your site! You truly are an Angel Deb:)
PAFM Kim

Kim said...

Deb, I also meant to mention a Big Thank You to all Service men and women for their great sacrifice for our country and our freedom. (I hit the post button too fast on the last one. Sorry:()