Monday, February 11, 2008

Blessing Shared ~ #1

Bless

A few days ago I had written a post,  May You Be Blessed.

I was speaking about Kate, who started a Blessing Movement. 

On Saturday, Kevin had a Saturday detention.   Kev is in 5th grade and  unfortunately he got into some trouble at school.   He left gym class without the teacher's permission and he also kicked a classmate in the ankle.   He tells me that he barely touched her foot.   There was another kid who saw this, but 'did not want to get involved' in telling what he saw.   As I discussed with Kevin, the rules of school are that you keep your hands and feet to yourself, so he broke the rules there and also leaving the classroom was breaking the rules.   The assistant principal called me, and Kevin was going to have a 2 hour after school detention.   This was the 2nd time he had gotten in trouble, and I asked the Mr H. IF there was stiffer consequence.    That turned into a 4 hour Saturday detention where the students are to have work, or reading material as they sit quietly in the class.   From 8am until 12.    Hopefully he will be more inclined to follow the rules.



On Saturday morning, I was thinking, I wonder who has the nearly thankless job of sitting in a classroom for 4 hours with these kids.    I then said a prayer blessing that person.

At 8, I walked Kevin into the classroom to sign him in and leave an ER contact number.   I also quietly explained to the teacher, Mrs A.,  that due to a medical condition, he might not be able to make the 4 hours with only one bathroom break.    I am guessing that Mrs A. is maybe in her very early 30's.    She had a very caring and serene way about her.   Her eyes really spoke with me.   I thanked her and left.   



After getting home, I got to thinking this would be a good time to pass out my first 'Bless You' card.    http://www.bettertobless.com/BlessingCards.pdf    This link will take you to a PDF printable page of Bless You cards.    I did write out the web link on the backside of the card, because it did not print out so clearly.      I wrote a short note to the teacher explaining how I had said a prayer for her even before I met her, and thanking her for what she does.

At noon, when I went to pick up Kevin, I handed her the note and card in an envelope.    Explaining that it was a note I wrote her today.   I then went down a hall to look for a friend I had seen earlier.   I saw Mrs A as we were walking out the door, she said to me......  'Thank you so very much for the beautiful note'.   She went on to say .... "Kevin drew me a picture today".



On the way home, we discussed his time in the detention.   Of course he does not know that the Saturday detention was more Mom's idea than the assistant principal, but that's okay for now.   He also told me he was the only one to give Mrs A a picture, and he drew her a flower. 



Kevin is a good and caring kid.   His actions today showed that.   :)



I have a little hesitation sharing entries under my Grow a Kindness Garden category, because it's NOT meant to be...  look at what I am doing, it's meant to be .... see what I am doing and please join me. !    I am grateful to Kate for starting the Bless You movement.   



Can you imagine how a stranger's day could be changed by passing out these Bless You cards to them ?    IF you do follow me on this path, I hope you will check back and let me know.... and might I add.............   


BLESS  YOU ~ Dear Reader


Bless_2


 







4 comments:

Debbie said...

Deb,
You amaze me every day and cannot possibly know the depth of impact you have on others! Shaking head here and thanking God for bringing you into my life.
Yes! I love the Bless You Cards and I want to print them out..like now! I have always wanted something like this to give to others. I'm a minimalist and have given just about all my wordly goods away free..lol...even a car! I am getting to just what I need to survive and stocking up on love and look forward to giving of myself.
And also, I will have to get OUT of house in order to give cards away..to unsuspecting souls...so another blessing!
Love,
Debbie

Deb Estep said...

Awwwwww Debbie, *THANK YOU* Yes... do join in the BLESS YOU movement.
A new reader had comment recently on the
article Soul Graffiti.... here is a bit from that blog post I had made.....
Today, I am quite comfortable in calling myself...
"An artist". I know my ability to paint and draw and be creative is a God given talent.
So........... here today I jump to the Soul Graffiti web site to see a description of Soul Graffiti.
Soul Graffiti (sol graf - fi - ti) V. the conscious act of performing kindness to another soul, resulting in leaving an everlasting imprint on another's life.
I read that definition and BAMMMMMM it hit me:
"I am also a Soul Graffiti Artist" !!!!!!!!!
http://deb_inside.typepad.com/deb_inside/2006/10/soul_graffiti_a.html
SO........ I am living my purpose of being a soul graffiti artist.
XO XO
Deb

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

Deb, I agree wholeheartedly with Debbie's comments. You have a loving and caring attitude that more people should emulate, including me. I always hold some part of me in reserve that doesn't get shared with others. You don't. You are truly what LOVE is all about. Thanks for including me in your circle of friends.

Deb Estep said...

Awwwww Patricia,
Thank you !!! I almost ended my comment to Debbie with.... Love is all there is. :)
We ALL have a choice. We can condemn this world, as mean and nasty and hateful, or we can live from a place of love.
Be gentle with yourself Patricia, you've made such huge strides and life advances that the sharing part is bound to catch up with you so very soon. I believe that your awareness is the prompt that means it's right around the corner.
xo xo - Love and hugs
Deb