Tuesday, February 5, 2008

~* Happy Birthday Deb *~




25_two1

I don't believe I have made a post about my birthday in the past.  :)

Years ago, in my childhood, I would rather not have had my birthday
mentioned.   Ahhhhhhhhh THANK GOD for the growth of my self esteem.
I did hesitate a moment in choosing the category of holiday ~


WHO deems their own ~birthday~ a holiday.   
WELL....  I just DID and you know what......... 
Your birthday would be a ~*HOLIDAY*~ to me as well. !!!

Today, I see it from a perspective that I am grateful to have been born into
the world at this time.   I am thrilled to be a person who contributes to making
this a better world. 


25_one1


I could not begin to get all the candles on my cake, but just go on and
multiply those 5 times 10.    LOL


I would also like to add, that the inspiration for my thumb print drawings
comes from this book - Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book.

2_share1


One does NOT have to be an artist to create thumbprint drawings !!!
Just grab a stamp pad and a marker.   The book shows step by step
how to to create a picture.     Consider this book as a gift for a child,
or even for an adult you know to bring BACK their inner child. 

Ed has several different book of thumbprint drawings.   Check out
this link for the list.

Thanks for celebrating with me.  ;)



LOVE
Deb




10 comments:

Debra Estep said...

To ALL of you who share this time and space with me...
The TIME in my DASH 1958 -
May you KNOW my life would never been the same
without you.
http://www.the-dash-movie-poem.com/

Debbie Angel said...

Happy Birthday special lady! I hope you and Dana have a wonderful day and all your wishes come true!
Love,
Debbie

Tonjia said...

Happy Birthday my friend! I can assure you that 50 is no different from 49. ( I have been 50 for 5 months now and I dont feel any different than I did in my 40's) When I turned 50 I thought some great profound knowledge was going to fall into my head or that the world would look at me differently. But nothing happened. I was glad. :-)
May your day be filled with love, happiness and laughter. And sunshine. lots and lots of sunshine.
hugs
Tonjia

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

Deb and Dana, Happy Birthday to both of you. I have a Birthday Card in the mail to you, Deb, but you will get it late. Have a glorious Birthday. I am 56 so I am 6 years older than you. What has been true for me is that each decade that I have lived has been better than the decade before. Life just keeps getting better and better as I grow. Age doesn't mean that you are getting old. Old is just a state of mind. I am younger than I have ever been. The older that I get, the further away that old gets. Have fun today.
How close are you to Cleveland? I noticed that they had either bad weather or flooding earlier on TV. We weren't any where close to the tornadoes that hit Arkansas last night. We watched it on TV most of the evening yesterday.

Kathleen said...

Happy birthday Deb to you and your daughter! What a day of celebration! I pray that it was most blessed for both of you!
God bless you!
In His Care,
Kathleen

Deb Call said...

Sending you warm wishes from my Southern home - Deb, enjoy your big landmark day and decade! I'm ahead of you by 6 years and can tell you the view keeps getting better, even when my knees "talk" to me.
Love and hugs,
Deb Call (former Ohioan).

Charles Hamel said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend
I am truly blessed that our paths have crossed.

Debra Estep said...

Debbie, Tonjia, Patricia, Kathleen, Deb C, Charles...
Awwwwwwwww thank you ALL for your precious words.
You are the candles on the cake of my life !!!
LOVE
Deb

Debra Estep said...

Kevin and I ran into a neighbor last night while in Walgreens.
As I was walking towards her, I could tell she did not
recognize me. I said... "HEY neighbor, we look different up close instead of across the street".
She looked just a TAD startled, but then knew who I was.
She commented on how big Kevin was getting AND... she said how young I looked. I said......'HA, I just had my 50th birthday YESTERDAY". Nora said... "On Feb 5th, that was my birthday too" !!!! MY 75th !!!
We wished one another HAPPY BELATED Birthday.
Hmmmmmmm lived across from one another for over 7 years, but you would not really know when someone's birthday was...
I also mentioned to her how I missed seeing her hubby in the yard and tinkering around. He passed a few years ago, but he was meticulous in how he kept the yard and flower beds. Nora's daughter has now taken over that job and she is just as meticulous as her Dad was. Nora said HIS birthday would have been
Feb 13th. I think I'll send her some snail mail around that time.... :)

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

Deb, that is what I love about you. You are always thinking of others. Blessings to you and your neighbor.