Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Hope You Meet Some "Friends" Today

Kevin, my 10 year old, and I were at our local library yesterday.



On the way out, we stopped to scan the books on the freebie shelf.



Folks leave books or magazines in that area to share.









There were 2 ladies talking behind us at a distance of less than



3 feet away.    I knew they were talking but my mind was not cued in



to actually hear their words….









That is until we turned to leave and I heard the one woman say….









“People are just more WEIRD today than they ever were” !!!









That line of hers just hit my funny bone and I turned back and



laughed out loud.    The woman said………. ‘See you agree too’.



I joined in and said………  ‘I’m not so sure IF people are weirder,



or IF we just hear more about it, with the media and all.”









Between the 3 of us, the very pleasant conversation quickly skipped



to several different topics and then on to the military.   



The one lady told me of her brother having served in the military and



I explained of my military connection with Vince my Air Force son.



(ops – I think I left off that I am also an Air Force Mother in law…



Vince’s wife Dana)









I reached in my pocket to share with them a copy of my Angel
and Soldier drawing.    I always carry a several with me to ~share~.   
It’s an Angel
of Protection and the card also has my
name and email address on it.







As I was handing them the cards, I extended my hand and said….



“Ohhhhhh my name is Debra and it’s nice to meet you”









The one woman grabbed her mouth and sucked air a bit…..



It stopped me for a second from shaking the first ladies hand and



I said………’okay which one of you is a Debra too ?









She proceeded to say……….  ‘She’s Debra and my name is Denise’.









I then shook Debra’s hand, and then went to shake Denise’s hand,



and she instantly moved forward for a warm hug.   









We did not even talk for longer than a couple of minutes, but



I really have not been the same since meeting Debra and Denise.   









I’ve felt like I am walking on a cloud.   



It’s absolutely amazing what the exchange



of positive energy can do. !!!!!!!!





Denise and Debra felt it too....  Denise blessed me,



and I said the same back to them.









This happens to me more times than I can tell you…



I honestly KNOW there are no strangers in the world,



only friends I have yet to meet.   









Kevin and I went on to the grocery store AND we saw Debra



in the parking lot a row over.    We waved like long lost friends.









I hope you meet some “friends” TODAY.   They are



out there, just waiting for you to join in their life.











Angel4books   



1 comment:

Damian said...

What a wonderful article Debs - your writing is growing in Love and Light each time you post - as are YOU :-)
I see the 'connections' are working well for you.
Keep it up and always 'be the change'
Take care,
Damian