Thursday, June 28, 2007

Change = Growth

Up until now, I've not been a person who readily
accepts change.



Back on June 15th I came to the realization that I
needed to make some changes and define my
personal goals.



In the days that have followed, I can best describe
it all as having a personal metamorphosis.



Goal setting and follow through with action is
giving me a much changed life philosophy.



Previously the thought of personal organization
would have sent a magnitude 8.2 right down
my spine.



Today, at nearly all times, I have 3 notebooks
within arms reach.



Notebook One:
Planning My Life
I defined 5 major life goals.   I spaced those
out over the pages of the notebook, in the way
an author would create a chapter for a book.
Under each chapter, I'm breaking down the
steps or actions necessary to attain the goal.



Notebook Two:
Cheerleader Notebook
My entries there are encouraging quotes,
thoughts that come to me, coincidences,
or nudges from the Universe that this changed
life philosophy is very good.
I started this second notebook with these quotes:
'Live your Best Life' - from the Oprah magazine
'Celebrate Who You Are Right Now' - Author unknown



Notebook Three:
Day to Day
This notebook is a steno sized one, with
a day to day to do list.



With all this change and TO DO, life
sometimes will throw me a curve.
In those times I'm going with the flow.
If I were to hold so tightly without some
flexibility it would only bring me anguish
and frustration. 



I'm a masterpiece in progress with this
new life philosophy.
Change does indeed = Growth !!!



Philosophy has almost as many definitions as there
have been philosophers, both as a subject matter and
an activity, and no simple definition can do it justice.
The word is derived from the ancient
Greek words philo-, to love or to befriend,
and -sophia, wisdom.

From Wikipedia

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~      ~      ~



I won't be footnoting every single
post under goals by extending
my gratitude to Nathalie
,
but IF it were not for her nudge
and tag, I would not be in the
place of awareness that I am today.

~ Thank You Nathalie ~



5 comments:

Debra Estep said...

Those who know me have heard me tell
of my love of the quote by
Mahatma Gandi:
"You must be the change you wish to
see in the world".
Well...... I must have been
interpreting his words this way...
Be the change only when it's easy
or comfortable.
Ohhhhhh thank goodness for awareness !!!
I also want to mention that going
along with 'flexibility', I HAD posted
about taking a 3 week hiatus....
Seems I did not need the entire 3 weeks. :)
Well at least not in regards to my blog
area.
Namaste`
Deb

EM said...

Welcome back! Way to go, woman!
- EM :)

Nathalie said...

stop thanking me you silly woman :) Nevertheless I'm very happy that such a little thing, send out most unawarely, set out this transformation in you.
And guess what?! I've got something else for you: http://onelifeamongthemany.blogspot.com/2007/06/rockin-girl-blogger-award.html
Don't worry - not another challenge - what, with all those notebooks, I don't think you're quit finished with the first one yet ;)

The New Parent said...

Hi Deb--wonderfully, interesting post. I've come to see that life's curves can be our benefits.
As a person changes, do you think those curves can help to bring to the fore parts of our personality that we might wish to look at?
Flexibility, a wonderful goal for us all. So much can open up to us with greater flexibility.
Thank you for another thoughtful post, D.

Debra Estep said...

Dear EM, Nathalie & Frank,
Thank you for dropping in and commenting.
EM thanks for the welcome back. I am not
100% where I might like to be, but I keep
saying, I am a work of art in ~progress~.
Nat the Rocking Girl Blogger award is
most touching.! THANK YOU!!!
Frank I agree totally !!!
I think that life's curves cause us
to circle around our own self in order
to get a better look and help us to
choose the path we need for forward
progress. That is... IF we don't get
our wheels stuck in one place on the
circle. IF we can become the observer
in an almost detached from the outcome
sort of way.
Blessing to you ALL !!
Love
Deb