Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Emergency Contact



Recently among a group of online bloggers we have
had a friend have their internet access disabled.
This friend is located outside of the USA, and so
there were challenges in finding out.... 
What happened to that friend.

In the event of a computer crash, or losing one's
net access or in the very worst of circumstances
an illness or passing it would be a very good idea
to have a blog category such as I have now created:

Emergency Contact

I am naming my brother, David Rothacker.
David lives in another state from me, but
in the event there was some trouble with myself
he would know about it and then
post a message here on my blog under this
thread to let my online friends know.


david.rothacker@gmail.com

I would suggest someone outside of your
immediate household.

You might also consider exchanging more
personal contact details with one other
person in your 'circle' of friends who
could then get the word out.

There are times you just can't know ahead
what is happening or going to happen and
being prepared is the best we can do for
the peace of mind to those who know
and care about US.

I have experienced the unexpected passing
of 2 online friends.    Thankfully other family
members were also on this group site and
we were not left wondering.....
Where are they.

Pat and Suzie Q - You are missed
but not forgotten.   :)



XO XO



Deb



PS:



Ummmmmmmm Davie ole buddy, ole pal bro..
Since we are hooked up blog to blog, I'm just
making this post without your OKAY.   LOL

LOVE YA
Debs







2 comments:

The New Parent said...

Hi Deb--cool idea. I like a woman who thinks ahead (smile)!

Debra Estep said...

Hey Frank,
Thanks for dropping by.
When we write blogs and share them
it's more than talking to ourselves.
Our unexplained departue would cause
concern and worry and this is just
a simple measure to save folks/readers
from going through that. :)