Friday, June 15, 2007

Gotta Get Goals ~ Tag


Have you ever heard someone say…





“That was a light bulb moment?”





Well, I have had one of those AND then some.



You want to know HOW then some it is…. Okay.





The light bulbs that went on for me yesterday



morning would be the amount of light generated



to see an entire city from the International



Space Station that is circling the Earth.    





YEP…. I’m guessing ABOUT that many light bulbs. !!!





I have Nathalie and being tagged for this meme to



thank for the NEW glow in my brain. !!!!!!!





Gotta Get Goals Meme



At first I thought about going along with the meme



and just making up goals.   I could not do that.



Trust me, I did not entertain that notion for very long.





I have never set goals for myself ….  EVER…. EVER !!!





So here is my first goal.







1.   Learn how to ~take action~ set goals ~ and follow through.







There’s a dear online friend of mine Phil Gerbyshak.



Phil is the author of the book:





10 Ways To Make It Great





Phil’s book arrived to me last year, I looked it over and



said to myself, ‘There are so many ‘great’ ideas here’.   



I think I will work some of these into my life.





Phil’s book is a step by step guide outlined in



20 Actions Steps for Making It Great.   



The entire key that I missed is the action part !





I sat here this morning and really reflected on



WHY walls go up for me when it comes to setting



goals. 



I’ve never been one to boo hoo what my



childhood was like, but in this deep introspection



I heard a thought from the other side….







Chaos, confusion and disorganization these



were all you knew your entire childhood.



This is your comfort zone, and anything that



smacks otherwise is not a comfort for you.





It was early yesterday morning I first started writing



this, and I just had to step aside and come back.



I was in a funk all day.    How could it be that I am



the age of 49 and not have come to an understanding



of this sooner.   





Thankfully ~Spirit~ stepped in and reminded me



to be thankful for the WAKE UP call .. EVEN NOW. !!





At one point of the day I thought, Ohhhhhhhh



you can’t make a blog post of this, it’s just way



too personal.    It’s painful, and it hurts.



Of course reason prevailed,  I blog to share,



and that means sharing with authenticity. 



If my sharing WIDE OPEN helps one more person



who might be in the place I am with this goal thing,



then I need to move forward and JUST DO IT.





To people who have always set goal, I can hardly



describe to you the depths of how that goes against



my  grain, but at the same time I know that I must



re-invent myself here.





To Nathalie, you little sweetie pie, what an



eye opener this tag has been for me.



Kudos to Alex Shalman for originating the meme.



 



Phil, your generous gift of this book to me will



not go to waste.   It will be a starting point and



then some.   





Having shared this, I can’t just slide back under



the rock and pretend like I don’t know.   LOL



It’s all so fresh…....     





Today is a new day….   I stopped the above writing



yesterday because an ending was not there



in my mind.    This morning I decided to read through



some quotations on goals.



As soon as I read this one, I knew it was IT.





'If you don't know where you are going,
you'll end up someplace else.'

Yogi Berra







Img_09941



‘A seed once planted and nurtured



has no choice but to rise above the



soil and reach for the ~light~’.




Deb Estep ~ quote & photo 6/15/2007










5 comments:

dave said...

Looks good Deb, cept for the part about getting your age wrong in 75 and 77.

Debra Estep said...

David !
Do you know.... I ALMOST made a mention
of ... HOW is it that 2 children, of
the same parents can be SO different.
You SO VERY organized... yada yada yada...
and ME this way.
I did not go there, but I have a theory
that you took the TOTAL opposite fork
in the road.
THANKS for pointing out to me my age
in 1975 and 1977.
That would have been 17 and 19. LOL
Confusion is not something one gets
over, by making a blog post.
Ohhhhhhh Davie, I had taken Dad to the
library on Tuesday. We were at the Maple Hts branch looking up some old Newspaper front
pages via their microfilm area...
As we were walking out, Dad spotted a book
on a dollar book rack.
He hands it to me.... and says...
"HERE, this is for you"
I had been wanting to pick up that book
for some time since you mentioned it to me...
The Artit's Way - by Julia Cameron
HOW.... WOW huh :)))))))))))

Alex Shalman said...

Hey Dep,
Not gonna lie, this post was funny. The only goal you want to achieve the to be able to achieve goals. That's a great place to start.
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Phil, he's a great guy! I have a picture of him on one of my recent posts about Sobcon. Come hang out ;)

Phil Gerbyshak said...

Wow Deb! You are amazing! Thanks for opening up your heart, your mind, and your arms WIDE OPEN to all of us.
Glad I could provide a little booster shot. You're the best!
And don't worry about Dave. We love him just as he is :)

Nathalie said...

Part of me feels sorry that I made you go through all that just by tagging you - but of course I realize that it was your own choice to take it on, and therefore I am happy that this was enough of a nudge for you to take that step.
I'm sorry that you've had such a rough past, but admire you for sharing this with us!
I hope writing about it can help you grow even more, and reach that goal of yours ;)
Big hugs and take care,
Nathalie