Thursday, January 31, 2008

First Official Now Watch Fan ~ Me :)



I have been on a path of directed mindfulness for many, many years
and still

my mind can be like a wandering little child.   







I believe way too many of us live our lives  stressing about everything
EXCEPT the present moment.   











How many car accidents do you suppose happen because
people are not in the NOW. ?      





Distractions and the lack of mindfulness can even result in  rude and
and insensitive behavior towards the people who mean the most to us in life.





Along comes this simple yet beautiful idea of The Now Watch.







I learned of The Now Watch through my involvement in The Group
Writing Project –
Spread the Love Now
.
(You
can read my post linked to the previous  words)











 
6 Now Watches were awarded as prizes for the best entries in the
project.
Everyone who entered are winners. The stories of compassion and love were
just awesome. Even though
mine was not chosen, I emailed my hubby Michael a link
to The Now Watch web site and said….. ‘This is what I would like
for my birthday’.









Unfortunately, Michael will be traveling on that day in February, but
he ordered the watch
for me, and I
NOW have it on my
wrist.








 
Honestly, there could be no better reminder for me…… I gently recall my mindfulness
every time I glance at the time. “Come here honey, come back to the present moment”.







 
Adam contacted me from a web post I had made about MY Now Watch
and in the
communications, he said to me yesterday…….



 



"I'm happy to have my first official Now Watch fan”



 



YEAH… I am honored and VERY thrilled to BE the First
Official Now Watch Fan
!!!!





 Do
consider joining in the fantastic fun and get a Now Watch of your own.......


The time is NOW.   :))) 



 



 

The Now Watch












Our Philosophy --> http://www.thenowwatch.com/philosophy.html 



The Now Watch mission is to bring more presence to people's lives.



It's a simple goal but in a world where we are so busy and caught up trying to
get things done, we rarely pause and take a moment to just be where we are
right here and now. However, when we do appreciate the moment, we often feel a
relaxing sensation, followed by an ability to focus and actually get more done
in less time. In a sense, that's because it's always now. And when connected to
the present moment, we are able to use our time to its fullest potential.



We've decided that a watch or a clock with the word
NOW appearing prominently
on the face is the perfect stimulus to help us access more presence in our
lives. It works so easily... when we check our
NOW watches and clocks,
we'll find out the time of day as usual but will also be reminded that it is
the present moment initiating a collision of the mystical with the utterly
practical. Many people find it inspiring, some soothing, still others
motivating, while others just laugh... but that's what make our timepieces what
we consider to be functional pop-art left wide open to interpretation.






We believe we've hit on a radically simple concept that delivers a message in a
fun, cool, and affordable way. Since the present moment is fundamental to every
human, in every walk of life, our long term vision is to spread our products
all around the world. Here are some sample translations into other languages:





Our core value is simplicity which leads us to one final simple
idea. We believe that the present moment is the greatest gift that there is
here on earth. Therefore, our products seek to become the perfect gift people
can buy for themselves and share with others worldwide.



Please contact us to bring more presence to your life and your community.








Founders Story -- > http://www.thenowwatch.com/founders.html 



Perhaps The Now Watch always resided deep within its founder, Adam Rothenhaus,
a lawyer, writer, philosopher, and entrepreneur based in
New York City.



Throughout his youth Adam repeatedly heard great athletes, great artists, and
great people in all walks of life attribute their good fortune to their ability
to remain focused on the present moment.  Yet he grappled to fully
understand why.  Then in 1996, after spending much of his early life
dwelling on his past and worrying about his future, a profoundly simple
truth struck him and explained the essence of their success.



It always was, always is, and always will be the present moment.



He decided to put this perspective to work and soon began harvesting the
infinite potential of the present moment.  In doing so he gained access to
an unlimited resource of sublime beauty, indescribable joy, and lasting inner
peace.  He determined that this resource was the key to a happy,
fulfilling, and successful life.  But much more often than
not… he just forgot about it.



In 2001, he played around inscribing the word
NOW on a clock to remind
himself of this resource.  It worked, and he slowly began to
share the idea for his reminder with others as a mechanism to bring more
presence into more human lives.  By 2006, he officially founded The Now
Watch.






The rest continues to be an unfolding story of accumulating present
moments...



Please feel free to contact Adam at adam@thenowwatch.com






Img_23401




My HAPPY HAND, showing off my Now Watch  







 



 







 



 



 



1 comment:

Charles Hamel said...

What a beautiful hand you have, but I am jealous, yours has a face on it. I got gipped!!
The "NOW" watch is an awesome idea to remind us to keep our minds in the here and Now as Eckhart Tolle would say.
I actually had the person who created this watch send me a very nice email, after he found a post I wrote about living in the Now.
We should never let the past control how we think or feel today, It is done and cannot be changed. And on the opposite end, we should not worry about things that might or might not happen in the future.
We could get hit by a falling jet liner, and then the worrying about things in the future wouldn't matter anyways!
As I always say, live everyday like it is your last, because we are not promised a tomorrow.
Love and Light from Texas. YeHaw!