Friday, January 4, 2008

Seven Random and Weird Things



I was tagged by Patricia Singleton over at .......

Spiritual Journey of A Lightworker 



Before I share my seven weird things about me that you don't know,
here are the rules of this game of tag:

1. Link to the person's blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

Here are my seven random and weird things about me that you might not know:

1.  I prefer gray overcast days to bright sunny ones and I love foggy weather.   

2.  I have the ability to change the world everyday I am living.
    Even if that means sharing a smile or the nod of my head to a
    perfect stranger...   OR maybe a simple comment on a bloggers
    post letting them know how their words impacted me. 
    Interpersonal communication even in the most simple of way,
    can be life altering.   



3.  When I was a kid, we had a player piano in our home.   My Dad used to say
    that leprechauns lived inside the piano.  It was his way of explaining how
    the player piano magically worked.   I always ~knew~ there were little people
    around and inside the piano.  ;)

4.   My favorite thing in the woods is ~ moss.    If you run your fingers over
    moss, it feels just like velvet, and it's GREEN.  :)

5. I have a pen fetish.   I LOVE pens.   I prefer a medium point pen,
    and also adore writing with a Sheaffer fountain pen.   I like Sheaffer's because
    of the handy cartridge refills.   They are available at
Michael's Crafts.
    I prefer Dixon Ticonderoga 2 HB soft pencils too.   



6.  Before I start to read a book or magazine I have to smell it.   LOL
     I love the scent of new ink and also love the scent of an old musty book. 

7.  If I could I would ask everyone I know to read -
A Gift From Daniel, by
     Karen Alexander.   A simple book, yet very powerful.

    Here was Karen, living in her own little world, muddled up with dirt and
    debris, yet choosing to ignore the beauty around her.... that is until
    Daniel came bee-bopping in her life.    Daniel, in the appearance of

    6 year old, helped her to see the beauty of her own soul.

Okay...........



Here are my tagged friends....



Sue over at Me and Mine

Peggy at Military Moms Rock

Tonjia at One Step Forward

Sable at Panske's

Michelle at Shay's Mom

Hallie at Wonderful World of Wieners

I would tag my ~Wizard~ of a bro... Dave
but I am certain he would not DO IT....   lol
Hey bro old pal...  let's hear something weird about
you in the comment area....



HEY......... come to think of it.......   EVERYONE who's not been
tagged, just share ONE thing weird about YOURSELF in the comment
area.    Awwwwwwwww come on...  just play.   One thing.   wink wink.



Thanks Patricia...   Normally I am not too excited about being tagged,
but this was fun.

XO XO



Deb












   




   



6 comments:

Debra Estep said...

Hi Patricia,
I've done the tag. wink....
and tagged others.
Fun...... very fun.
XO XO XO
Deb

Patricia - Spiritual Journey Of A Lightworker said...

Deb, thanks for playing. Gray just happens to be one of my favorite colors. It has a soothing quality about it that I like.

Debra Estep said...

ahhhhhhhh now I know why I like you Patricia...
Green then Gray are my favorite colors.
I have sweatshirts in so many shades of gray
it's not even funny. Just plain gray. :)))))

dave said...

Debs, not sure if you know, but I too smell every book and magazine that I read. Though I have my preferences (fall in the north), I am totally not affected by weather. I was born with only one pectoral muscle that after years of weightlifting became even more weird. Though not weird to me, I love girl's athletics. (Prior to my own girls playing I would have never given girl's athletics a second look).

Phil Gerbyshak said...

Weird thing from me? My 2nd and 3rd toes are stuck together like they are one toe. While I don't know for sure, I think this is one of the reasons I walked pigeon-toed when I was growing up.

Debra Estep said...

Hey Davie
I must have learned open the book, smell the book, then read the book from you big bro. lol :)
As for girl's sports... I THINK you did drag yourself to a few of my women's softball games and of course bowling many years ago on a women's league with your wife Rosie, I had no DOUBT it was the beer that attracted you to the bowling alley. ;)
Just some ribbing. wink
Wow... Phil, this is refered to as webbed toes.
See the 'web' has been a part of your life from the
get go. But seriously on Wikipedia it says...
"In humans it is considered unusual, occurring in approximately one in 2,000 to 2,500 live births."
I did not need that article to tell me YOU are RARE.
Thanks for dropping in.