Friday, March 4, 2005

~ Shower Praying ~

 
One of the best places for me to pray is when I take a shower.
 
This was something that I started in April of 2003.    You might wonder
how I can specifically recall the date.    The reason is that while I was taking a shower
one morning in
April I got to thinking about all of our deployed troops who did not
have the luxury of taking a hot shower.   At that moment
and every shower after I have prayed.
 

My shower praying has become such a regular routine, that I now turn on the water and am first thankful for my home.   I am thankful that I have a house and a place to shower.
I am then thankful for hot, clean water.    Lord knows how
many people all over this world
don’t just step in their
shower and flip on the water.    
Even a little left over
bubbles from someone’s shower before me has me
being
thankful that I have the husband and family that I do.
I then pray for the military.    Knowing that many still don’t have the luxury of a shower.  

Think about shower praying, let’s start a new trend.






1 comment:

affpatti@yahoo.com said...

My favorite place to Pray is in the shower, and like you said, I am thankful we have clean water, a home to shower in, etc.
Also, I Pray in the bedroom and the living room.
One of my friends told me that we Pray wherever we feel comfortable.... and these are places of comfort to me.
Let our Military find a special place that they can feel this comfort in. I'm sure it's hard, but with the *Light Of God* surrounding them, perhaps they will find a special place of Prayer.
Patti from PA
Vinny's Friend