Thursday, March 31, 2005

My Atlantic



Atlantic

To the water we are drawn.
Through the rocking motion we remember days gone by.
The time before when all were enveloped in the motherly,
water that began our life.
Before all our senses were engaged we felt that warmth and comfort.

Some sit silent before the Atlantic
and wonder why relaxation comes.
They do not remember the water that brought them to this world,
nor do they make the connection.

But now you my friend know.
So sit and watch and wonder no more.
The energy radiates from the water to reactivate that which is within.


D. Estep
Bethany Beach Delaware
August 12, 1993



                                      Img_02251_2


                                       This is the beach on my back deck.                                             My escape in landlocked Ohio.  :)

                                       Img_02271


                              This picture of Ginger and my beach should
                                             give you a bit of perspective.   

                        The pictures just don't do justice to the sound of
                              the waves I hear or the scent of the ocean........
                                                But just try and imagine.   









1 comment:

Patti said...

I love reading *Atlantic* and I love what you've done to your back deck. It just goes to show how much talent you have.
Perhaps soon, we will be able to join you on your beach on your deck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Keep painting :~)